Strategy & Development (Knowledge Management) Internship
The Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for one (1) intern for the role of Legal Intern – Research & Thought Leadership in the Strategy & Development department.
The internship will take place in-person on a full-time basis. During your time with SIAC, you will have an opportunity to contribute to SIAC’s work by assisting the Strategy & Development department with research projects on various topics.
You will be closely involved in the content development and thought leadership initiatives of SIAC that pertain to international arbitration and the international dispute resolution landscape.
As part of this internship, you will have the opportunity to be exposed to a wide variety of developments from different jurisdictions and practical subject matters relevant to institutional arbitration. Your research will help support prominent stakeholders involved in SIAC’s outreach and engagement activities.
Your responsibilities include:
1. Conducting general legal research for S&D activities:
a. Research memorandums and reports
b. Presentation and speaking materials
2. Supporting ad-hoc research and KM projects
a. Conducting preliminary research and analysis
b. Research and KM project management and implementation
3. Other duties as assigned by the KM team
As part of the internship, you will gain the following:
• Relevant experience in legal research and managing a research project
• Relevant experience in business research and working with empirical data
• Exposure to the practical legal and commercial considerations surrounding various international arbitration issues
• Opportunities to network with eminent stakeholders in the international dispute resolution community
Details on how to apply for the internship are set out below.
The closing date to apply is 21st April 2023.
Duration of Internship
The internship will be for a minimum period of 3 months on a full-time basis, with a possibility of extension till up to 6 months upon mutual agreement. You will contribute 40 hours of work each week, unless otherwise agreed. Please indicate (as specifically as possible) your (i) period of availability; and (ii) preferred starting dates.
3 months from May 2023
Full-time: SGD1000.00 stipend per month. The stipend will be paid at the end of each month of the internship. Successful candidates can also request for a recommendation letter, subject to the intern’s performance and may also have complimentary access as observer for SIAC Academy courses and SIAC events.
Prospective candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Current undergraduate or postgraduate law student who has undertaken any modules in international arbitration and/or alternative dispute resolution during their course of study
- Meticulous and keen eye for detail
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
This internship is being offered in an in-person format from Singapore. You are required to ensure that you have complied with your school’s / university’s policies and/or the relevant government regulations, if any, to undertake this internship.
(i) curriculum vitae;
(ii) copies of your tertiary institution’s/college/university transcripts;
(iii) statement of interest describing your objectives and motivation in applying for the internship;
(iv) a letter issued by your school/university confirming you are accepted to or enrolled with the school/university, and your participation in SIAC’s internship programme does not violate the university’s policies and the relevant government restrictions, if any;
(v) letter(s) of reference and writing sample(s) (optional);
(vi) indication of your specific period of availability and preferred starting dates.
Please email your application to: [email protected] with the caption [Knowledge Management Intern] in the e-mail subject heading of your application. Only successful candidates will be notified.