Standards for Admission to SIAC Panel
1. Admission to the SIAC Panel of Arbitrators (“Panel”) or the SIAC IP Panel of Arbitrators (“IP Panel”) is by invitation by the SIAC Court of Arbitration as advised by its Executive Committee, or upon an application being made to SIAC.
2. Candidates wishing to apply must demonstrate an appropriate level of expertise and experience in international arbitration and be of good standing and character. In general, applicants will be required to meet the minimum standards set out below:
3. Applicants wishing to submit their applications to the Panel or IP Panel must, at a minimum, have the following qualifications or experience:
- tertiary education
- at least 10 years post qualification experience
- a fellowship from the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators or any comparable professional arbitration institute
- experience as an arbitrator in five or more cases
- completed at least two commercial arbitral awards
- be aged between 30 and 75 years
4. SIAC reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to admit or to refuse the admission of any person to the Panel. In exercising its discretion, SIAC will have regard to, inter alia, the qualifications, experience and standing of an applicant as well as to the number of arbitrators currently on the Panel from the country in which the applicant is resident.
6. Admission to the Panel/IP Panel is for a fixed term only. SIAC also reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to remove any person from the Panel at any time.
7. If you wish to make an application, please send the completed application form and your curriculum vitae in the attached template highlighting your arbitration experience, together with a non-refundable processing fee of S$540.00 (being S$500 plus 8% Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) which is applicable to both local as well as overseas applicants) to the Registrar, Singapore International Arbitration Centre, 28 Maxwell Road #03-01, Maxwell Chambers Suites, Singapore 069120 or email the application form to [email protected], with payment to follow by post, bank transfer or credit card. Your application may also be accompanied with a covering letter and references (if any).
8. Payment may be made by any of the following means:
Bank transfer to SIAC’s bank account