The Singapore International Arbitration Centre is pleased to announce the expansion of the SIAC Academy curriculum to enhance the range and quality of training programmes offered by SIAC.
The new courses to be launched this year include a Review of Key Arbitration-Related Decisions in 2020: Singapore and United Kingdom, foundational courses on Understanding the International Arbitration Legal Framework and a Practicum on Discovery and Document Production in International Arbitration, a ten-part series on Enforcement of Arbitral Awards in Asia: Theory & Practice, a Tribunal Secretary Training Course, as well as a Masterclass on Advocacy Training.
The SIAC Academy programme was officially launched in Singapore in 2017 by SIAC Chairman, Mr Davinder Singh, SC, to build on SIAC’s thought leadership standing through providing practical, skills-based arbitration training programmes.
A five-member SIAC Academy Audit Panel chaired by Mr Gary Born, President of the SIAC Court of Arbitration, will oversee the course planning for the SIAC Academy curriculum. The members of the SIAC Academy Audit Panel are:
1. Mr Gary Born – President, SIAC Court of Arbitration; Chair, International Arbitration Practice Group, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP
2. Mr Chan Leng Sun, SC – Deputy Chairman, SIAC Board of Directors; Senior Counsel and Arbitrator, Essex Court Chambers Duxton
3. Ms Lucy Reed – Vice President, SIAC Court of Arbitration; Independent Arbitrator, Arbitration Chambers
4. Dr Claudia Annacker – Member, SIAC Court of Arbitration; Partner, Dechert LLP
5. Prof Lawrence Boo – Member, SIAC Court of Arbitration; Independent Arbitrator, The Arbitration Chambers
The Press Release may be read in full here.