Apply to Join the YSIAC Committee
Young SIAC (YSIAC) is currently recruiting new members for the YSIAC Committee.
YSIAC is a global network comprising more than 6,900 members across 100 jurisdictions. It serves as a global platform for young up-and-coming arbitration practitioners to forge deep international networks, develop their arbitration interest and practices, and to contribute to building thought leadership in the arbitration community. YSIAC members work together to address the unique challenges faced by the legal and business communities, across a diverse range of jurisdictions and cultures.
The YSIAC Committee is the central steering and coordinating body for YSIAC’s global activities. Initiatives by the YSIAC Committee include a broad range of activities from seminars and symposia to training and networking events, as well as the publication of a newsletter and contribution of thought leadership pieces.
YSIAC Committee members will have invaluable opportunities to engage with and learn from leading international arbitration practitioners and arbitrators, as well as network with like-minded peers. They may also have opportunities to speak at SIAC conferences and events, and to represent YSIAC on international platforms.
YSIAC will be looking at initiatives across three regional blocs in APAC, EMEA and the Americas. Applications are open to highly motivated young arbitration practitioners and in-house counsel from all jurisdictions. Candidates should have the following attributes:
- Under 45 years of age (as of 1 January 2023)
- Active in the field of international arbitration, including arbitration at SIAC
- Passionate about organising outreach activities and events to promote arbitration and the SIAC arbitration rules
- Keen to work with an international team of committee members to ideate and implement initiatives
- Available to serve for a two year term
- Experience in contributing to legal and arbitration-related publications will be an advantage
Interested applicants should complete the application form and submit their resume and cover letter. Applications will close on Friday, 10 February 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For enquiries, please contact [email protected].
Submit your application here.